NBA Betting? Jazz vs Blazers Predictions
NBA betting action sees the Utah Jazz taking on the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday, Feb. 3 at the Moda Center in Portland, Ore. Cappers Picks offers free NBA handicapping tips all season long.
NBA Basketball Odds
Utah (17-30) @ Portland (32-16)
10:00 p.m. ET
NBA Betting Lines: Portland -9
NBA Betting Total: 194.5
***2015 NBA BONUSES***
The Utah Jazz are in the midst of one of their stronger runs this season. The team may have lost two of its last three, but it’s won three out of its last five and is coming off a solid 110-100 win over the Golden State Warriors.
Against Portland, Utah has the duo of LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard to deal with. Luckily for the Jazz, Lillard is in the worst shooting slump of his career.
For that reason, Utah must hone in on Aldridge from the beginning defensively.
On the year, Utah is just 23rd in scoring. The team is averaging just 95.9 points per game, but it’s making up the difference just a bit with the 11th-best defense in terms of points per contest allowed (98.4)
Portland Trail Blazers
As previously mentioned, Damian Lillard is in a slump. He’s not shooting well from anywhere on the floor, but this team knows he’s going to snap out of it at some point. Look for the team to continue getting him looks — for better or for worse.
Lillard’s slump is the bad news for this team. The good news is that it’ll likely be getting Robin Lopez back for this contest.
The 7-footer has been out with a hand injury, and his return will be welcomed by a team that just hasn’t looked the same since the turn of the calendar.
NBA Handicapping Trends:
- Under is 5-0-1 in Trail Blazers last 6 games as a home favorite.
- Under is 5-0-1 in Trail Blazers last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Under is 20-7-1 in Trail Blazers last 28 games as a favorite.
- Trail Blazers are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games following a S.U. loss.
- Trail Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Trail Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite.
- Jazz are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Jazz are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 road games.
- Jazz are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games as a road underdog.
4* NBA Prediction: Utah +9
Recent betting trends point to Utah in this one. Not only have the Blazers struggled as of late, but the Jazz have been able to win ATS because their bad record has caused lines to be especially in their opponents’ favors.
Although there’s certainly the thought that Portland will look for a contest against an inferior opponent to break out of its shell, expect this to be a close one.
The Blazers could certainly come away with a victory straight up, but ATS, go Utah.
Check out our Updated NBA Betting Odds.