NBA Betting? Grizzlies vs Jazz Predictions
NBA betting action sees the Memphis Grizzlies taking on the Utah Jazz on Wednesday, Feb. 4 at EnergySolutions Arena. Cappers Picks offers free NBA handicapping tips all season long.
NBA Basketball Odds
***2015 NBA BONUSES***
Th Memphis Grizzlies are unequivocally one of the best teams in the NBA. They not only have the third-best record in the entire Association, but they have the second-best defense in terms of points allowed per contest.
Entering this contest, the Grizzlies have won their last seven games. Furthermore, the team has won 11 of its last 12.
Against Utah, the team is going up against a squad that has actually found a bit of momentum. Despite coming off a loss, the Jazz are reeling from a one-point loss to the Portland Trail Blazers and a 10-point win over the Golden State Warriors.
The Jazz nearly pulled off an upset against the Portland Trail Blazers. A 103-102 loss counts as a loss straight up, but they were clear winners ATS with the spread in Portland’s favor nine points entering the contest.
Entering Memphis, the spread is lower but the odds are further stacked against their favor. Memphis is a great defensive team, and the Jazz will need a stellar offense to put up a fight.
On the year, Utah is 23rd in terms of points per game. The squad is scoring 95.9 points per contest, compared to 98.4 points per game allowed — the 11th-best number in the league.
The Jazz have played well against the spread as of late, but that has more to do with the high spreads that have been placed against them and less to do with their actual play.
NBA Handicapping Trends:
- Jazz are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. loss.
- Jazz are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Jazz are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Jazz are 7-15 ATS in their last 22 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Under is 7-0-1 in Grizzlies last 8 overall.
- Under is 6-0 in Grizzlies last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Grizzlies are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Grizzlies are 15-7 ATS in their last 22 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Grizzlies are 7-3-2 ATS in their last 12 games overall.
- Grizzlies are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
4* NBA Prediction: Memphis -6.5
Look for the Grizzlies to shut down this offense on an elite level. The Jazz should struggle in this one, giving Memphis an easy win on the road.
Check out our Updated NBA Betting Odds.