NBA Sports Betting – Utah at Memphis
BetUS NBA Basketball Betting Odds: UTAH -4.5, Total 194.5
Here are some of the NBA pro basketball online betting trends as they relate to this matchup:
* UTAH has won four of its last five games SU
* UTAH has covered two of its last six games * UTAH has played seven of its last eight games OVER the total
* UTAH has lost its last five road games SU
* UTAH has covered one of its last five road games
* UTAH has played five of its last six road games OVER the total
* MEM has lost eight of its last nine games SU
* MEM has covered one of its last eight games
* MEM has played five of its last seven games UNDER the total
* MEM has lost four of its last five home games SU
* MEM has covered one of its last five home games
* MEM has played four of its last five home games UNDER the total
* UTAH has won the last seven meetings SU
* UTAH has covered the last five meetings
* UTAH has covered the last four meetings as the road team
* UTAH has won the last five meetings SU as the road team
* Four of the last six meetings in Memphis have gone UNDER the total
* UTAH has had the shooting edge in each of the last five meetings
* UTAH has had the rebounding edge in nine of the last 10 meetings
Memphis has had major problems scoring points. The Grizzlies have averaged 86 points over their last four, and three of the teams they lost to – New Jersey, Minnesota and Toronto – may not even make the playoffs. Some players have let their games fall off, like Rudy Gay, who’s averaged just 15.7 in his last six games, and O.J. Mayo, who has scored just 17 points in his last two games on 7-for-23 shooting. Mike Conley, who was drafted fourth overall by Memphis in last season’s draft, has drifted into irrelevance, with four points and 1.1 assists per game in his last eight appearances. Now he is the subject of trade rumors. Darrell Arthur has a hamstring problem. Darko Milicic is out with a broken knuckle. That pretty much takes care of everybody.
The Jazz are not the best traveler in the NBA, winning just seven of 19 games. However, if I was Utah, I’d be in a grumpy mood, after being beaten by 21 points at Oklahoma City on Wednesday. In that game, the Jazz had to go with Andrei Kirilenko and Ronnie Brewer at the forward spots, as Paul Millsap was held out with a knee injury. As a result they suffered on the glass, out-rebounded by a 48-26 margin. Millsap has a bruised cartilage in his right knee, despite managing to score wins against Indiana and Detroit without him, the Jazz will gladly take him back tonight.
Utah has been rather dominant in this series, winning seven straight against Memphis, and covering the last five. They get themselves a day of rest to get angrier after that loss to the Thunder, and we like that angle too. Utah consistently shoots better than tonight’s opponent, and moves the ball around better as well (24.9 assists per game). Remember, Deron Williams is healthy and performing damn well (48 points in last two; 61 assist and 11 turnovers in January). We’re laying the points with Utah, the 4.5-point favorite in the BetUS NBA pro basketball sports betting odds.